Saturday, October 4, 2008

on my way

hello all. my title for today is "on my way" because I guess I am more "on my way" than I realized. Or maybe I am just not as obsessive about this whole wedding thing now that school has started and I am just wanting to get married for the real meaning of it all than for the superficiality of it all. don't get me wrong, i still want a nice wedding and i will still toil over details, but maybe not as much now. since my wedding will be in april, i have to simplify, and i just can't be so annoying about this all.

anyway, i went home last weekend to surprise my family, and i had a pleasant surprise come my way! my mom found her veil for me, and i will be using it in my own wedding, which is so very exciting! the only thing was that her veil was pure white, whereas my dress has a tint of ivory in it, so we had to figure out how to change its color! so my mom and i had some fun dying the veil with tea, and TADA it worked! it is the perfect shade of ivory to match my dress. YAY!!! now I will be using my mom's veil in my wedding, and hopefully I will be able to give it to my daughter when she marries. =) PLUS, i have my "something old" and i get to save some money. YAYYYY!!! =)

more posts to come, hopefully sooner than this one came. i still need to post pictures of venues, potential bridesmaid dresses, and some other things. but in the meantime, i am watching my big fat greek wedding now. =)

2 comments:

e s s said...

I'm so excited for you Jennie!! In April, ahh soon soon soon :) Hope you're enjoying every part of it ...

RaquelCuatro said...

i just watched my big fat greek wedding!!!