Thursday, September 25, 2008

A OR A?

April or August is what those two A's stand for! And both of them are grade-A! HA!

Mr. Zok and I have been going back and forth about this now for about a week. It is so interesting, because on the way back from a friend's wedding this past weekend, I was thinking in my head that I didn't want to wait until August to get married. I don't want to be another wedding among the many so that people can become bitter about buying gifts and having their weekends monopolized. I don't want to be compared to last week's wedding or next week's wedding. I don't want a long engagement but figured I couldn't complain because scheduling just didn't work in our favor and so I submitted to the plan. August is nice because the weather is nice and people are less tense in summer months, plus I have time to plan over the summer. But is it worth it?

Then Mr. Zok miraculously mentioned getting married sooner! He said that he would be very stressed with the bar exam in July and isn't sure if he wants to plan a wedding during that time. Plus, two of his other closest friends are getting married in the summer, which makes him all the more busy. So we thought about what months before August we could get married. July-bar exam. June-DNA wedding. May-finals/graduation. April-? So April became the newest option! This means outdoor wedding may be hard, less time to plan, maybe postponing our honeymoon. Is it worth it?

Feedback please!

2 comments:

joku said...

august. late april. completely selfishly motivated, but you should still do it...

Go Blue Momma said...

get married late april

trust me-- as a person who studied for the bar... he will not be there for wedding planning if it stays as August.