Monday, July 14, 2008

in search for the perfect purple dress

so i unfortunately have this problem where i find something i love and then realize it is completely out of my price range. and of course, in jennie fashion, i have fallen in love with a melissa sweet silk charmeuse purple bridesmaid dress (pictured in the middle below), only to realize that it is much too expensive. so the hunt for the bridesmaid dress continues, and here is what i've found




arent they peachy? i realize that not all of them are purple in this, but polyvore.com wouldn't let me attach the colors i wanted. all of these dresses come in purple, but the beige one on the bottom left hand corner does not come in a shade of purple i admire. thus, if that is the final pick, it will be a black dress with a purple or off-white sash.

to answer some questions that you may have

1. what is my color scheme? purple, green (plants), lots and lots of ivory/white, and GOLD BABY

2. what does my dress look like? there are no pictures of it online ANYWHERE because it is discontinued, and i refuse to post a picture of myself in it online because a.) mr. zok might see it and b.) then it will not be as fun on the wedding day. but it is an ivory very whimsical vera wang with a mermaid cut. it is not shiny or shimmery but indeed splendid!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really like the Melissa Sweet dress too, but like you I thought it was too expensive! But it's a cute dress!
I kind of had this problem too, trying to find a bridesmaid dress I liked and one that didn't look too "bridesmaid-y".
I like your other choices, so good luck.